lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:JimJam1099"

31 forum posts
[You can't access this team forum post]
General Chess Discussion - Any tips for getting better at Blindfold chess?#7

Blindfold chess is something that you really have to work towards to get at it. Nothing will just make it click immediately. For the most part, try calculation trainings. If you're able to visualize c…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - How do you study your opening mainlines?#6

As you get deeper into lines, you can find some really obscure moves that start to become a real question to people. Let me take a line from the Caro Cann: Caveman Variation: 1. e4 c6 2. d4 d5 3. e5 B…

JimJam1099
Off-Topic Discussion - Please Help!#2

1. Open settings (Press windows key + search settings will find it) 2. Ease of Access 3. Mouse pointer on left side 4. Here you can change your mouse size and color. Doesn't even have to be black, you…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - How do you study your opening mainlines?#3

Neither honestly. The best moves by database can be good for reference in more obscure / really deep lines, but for beginner - expert (honestly everything up to IM probably), it is better to review it…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Good Caro-Kann books#2

I'm assuming you mean for black, and specifically helping in terms of the advanced variation. Gothamchess has some free youtube videos on playing the caro system. If you aren't doing well with the 3..…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Puzzle #dNs97#4

White loses 2 pieces worth 3 pts of a material each (6 in total) for a 2 pawns and a queen worth 11 pts of material (1+1+9) Any other line black gets checkmated.

JimJam1099
Game analysis - endgame puzzle + how to start to improve?#5

I think the above statements kinda explained this puzzle particularly. I just wanted to add some related comments. Ultimately, a lot of endgames come down to tempo and pure calculation. You should stu…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Puzzle 62751#6

I'm honored in the fact that my answer was so profound someone decided to immediately copy paste it

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - New Openning to play with white#7

If you're going for a positional game, I'd stick with something other than 1. e4. 1.e4 is known to be more of a tactical type of game, going for more of an aggressive going. Some easy examples for pos…

JimJam1099