lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:bog601"

22 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Best way to improve to improve board vision ?#1

What does everyone think the best way to increase board vision is? I find I lose the majority of my games to simple one or two move tactics or in time trouble, so I would say that board vision or perh…

bog601
General Chess Discussion - Is there any way to do opening explorer on your own games?#3

Ah that's awesome... :) thank you !

bog601
General Chess Discussion - Is there any way to do opening explorer on your own games?#1

As in, is it possible to see an opening explorer style breakdown of just your own games through time? I figure it might be a useful way to check exactly what opening lines are causing issues.

bog601
General Chess Discussion - Who is your favorite chess player?#25

I found Morphy's and Alekhine's games to be very beautiful. Seeing their pieces moved is like watching poetry in motion, and I unfailingly get motivated to play some of my own masterpieces (I also unf…

bog601
General Chess Discussion - Beating the London System#1

Having some trouble countering this opening, I've racked up a significant loss rate playing against this, even against opponents a fair bit weaker than myself. Do you guys have any favourite lines you…

bog601
Lichess Feedback - Leaving the game for a second#1

So I lost this totally winning position because I 'left' the game... https://lichess.org/34rihDqNT0cN What happened is my computer decided to act up so I switched to my phone, and it took me all of th…

bog601
General Chess Discussion - How do I improve? #6

I think playing slow games and doing lots of tactics puzzles should help your play a lot. As much as I don't practice what I preach, I think it's important to take a game slowly, and try to let as muc…

bog601
General Chess Discussion - Alekhine's Defense Help from higher rated players#20

Thanks for all the advice guys, especially jonesmh, LM Lightss & tpr! I'll try out some of the variations you guys talk about. It makes sense, now, in retrospect that I shouldn't have been piling my p…

bog601
General Chess Discussion - Alekhine's Defense Help from higher rated players#1

I play Alekhine's defense as black in most of my games where white plays 1) e4. Usually I get a decent game, and the plans to follow are straightforward: undermine white's center, hit at d4, get white…

bog601
General Chess Discussion - Offering a Rematch After a Win#33

Rematches are good. I'm very happy if I get another chance at the same opponent. I don't think it's bad etiquette at all.

bog601