lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:JonL12345"

17 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Showing opening results between two grades#3

Thank you for that. I did do that before but I think there might have been a bug or something. Maybe it was a browser cache issue? In any case, it is working now. A question though...If I selected the…

JonL12345
General Chess Discussion - Showing opening results between two grades#1

I know before that you could choose the average players rating in bands and show the opening results for black and white for each line. But I have just checked it and it shows this data, but filtered …

JonL12345
Lichess Feedback - Killer idea for improvement#6

@Cuxhaven, how can you optimally space the reviews if you do it manually?

JonL12345
Lichess Feedback - Killer idea for improvement#3

Chess Position Trainer has a similar thing, I believe. It is about building up your pattern recognition. I am sure we make the same mistakes repeatedly. Why not knock those on the head by drilling the…

JonL12345
Lichess Feedback - Killer idea for improvement#1

I have just come up with an idea that in my view would be magical for improving ones game. It is the synthesis of a couple of ideas, which I believe are highly synergistic. The "Learn from your mistak…

JonL12345
General Chess Discussion - Buying a chessboard and pieces#1

Its about time I got a chess set, rather than playing on my 10" portable set all the time. So, I figure I will spend about £100 on one. When it comes to board size, what is typical for a tournament? A…

JonL12345
Lichess Feedback - Colour blindness issue#5

Yes I can see that clearly. But I prefer the colour scheme of lichess as it is, with the exception of the highlighted text. So if that could be changed to like a blue or yellow, that kind of thing, it…

JonL12345
Lichess Feedback - Colour blindness issue#3

I like the background colour but changing the colour uses for highlighting would be idea. I think there is some chrome extension where you can edit the colours, right?

JonL12345
Lichess Feedback - Colour blindness issue#1

I have trouble seeing the highlighted move in the notation window when I am going through the game. Are there any settings where I can edit this colour? It would help. 1 in 7 men have colourblindness.…

JonL12345
General Chess Discussion - Any free chess databases to download?#1

I have installed SCID vs. PC and would now like to populate it with a big database of games. Are there any free ones out there with several million games in them? Thanks, Jon

JonL12345